Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meal Idea For Busy Families

Like most families today, our family is busy. Between the four kids activities and my husbands work schedule, we are so busy that we don't always get to sit down together for dinner. I was really bothered by this because I know how important it is for us to have meals together. So, our solution was to sit down to breakfast together. It has been wonderful!

We have been doing this now for over a year and I love it! It's nice to sit down together first thing in the morning and touch base and talk about our plans for the day. And, I also know that they are starting the day with a healthy breakfast and not just cold cereal. At the end of the meal my husband will read from the bible and pray, and we work on scripture memorization.

So, this is what Works-For-Me! Hop on over to Rocks In My Dryer to find other great tips!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Growing up this was exactly what my foster parents did. It grounded me so much... We tend to do the same thing but at dinner, and weekly we always come together for family brunch. It works really well...

Dawn said...

We LOVE breakfast for dinner! It's the only time we get to eat pancakes, because we never have time to make them in the morning.

Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Hughes said...

What a wonderful practice for your family to be in! My family did this when I was growing up also. Breakfast was served every morning promptly at 6:30. I remember it warmly! Keep up the good work!

Tracy said...

Hello Momala!

I'm glad that you stopped by my blog tonight. I was excited to see that you like reading about reformed theology on your profile, too!

I answered your question about the cany in my comments, but thought I'd come on over to answer you as well.

You can find the flavored oils in most pharmacies, Wal*mart, and craft stores. They aren't too expensive, and they keep from year to year. You only use a 1/4 tsp. per recipe, so they go pretty far.

Cherish the Home said...

Momala,

That's a very creative solution! (o:

I wanted to pop over and thank you for the comment you left for me on my blog. I appreciate your letting me know you enjoy my blog. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B