Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WFMW - Lego Table

When S was younger he was really into Thomas trains, so my dad made him a train table. As S got older and lost interest in trains, the table ended up sitting in our basement with junk piled on top. It seemed like such a shame that such a nice table wasn't being used.

Recently, S has become more and more interested in Lego's. (For Career Day at school he went as a Lego Designer) One day I was really upset about the Lego's all over the house. S was forever making new creations and they were everywhere! I happened to be down in the basement and spotted the train table and realized that it would make a great Lego table. I had my husband move the table up to S's bedroom and he now uses it to make and display all his Lego creations. We store all the extra Lego's in bins under the table and under his bed. This really Works For Me! Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for more great WFMW tips!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Idea. My Lego Blanket isn't working out so well now that the 3 year old carts legos all over despite how many times I tell him to keep them on the blanket! Frustrating. I'll have to keep this in mind and see if we can use it.

Nikki said...

I love this idea. It just dawned on me while reading your post that I could make my own Lego table! I've seen tables before for Legos and MegaBloks and Duplos and thought "how very cool would it be to have one of those!" But I could probably make a basic one. Thanks!