Friday, May 23, 2008

Family Notebook

A few weeks ago I put together a Family Notebook. It turned out so cute, I thought I'd share it with you. (Please forgive the dark pictures. I think my flash isn't working.)

I started with scrapbook paper, stickers, and ric rac.
I put together the cover first. (I covered up our name in these pictures.) I cut the red heart paper to fit, then I cut the red paper to fit and used the letter stickers for a label. I glued the label to the heart paper, and then bordered the label with ric rac.

Using the same method I made dividers for the different sections.
The Planning section has my daily schedule, a calendar, and my to-do list.
The Information section has phone numbers and other important information.
The Money section has our family budget and a spending wish list.
The Menus section has my weekly menu plan and copies of recipes that I want to try.

The Family section holds all the kids different schedules and family information.

The Church section has our church information and prayer list.

The Kids Jobs section lists, well, the kids jobs.

The Medical section has medical information for the family, including the kid's immunization records. These sections are pretty self explanatory aren't they?

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my Family Notebook! It was a lot of fun putting it together. Do you use a Family Notebook? If so, leave a comment and tell me about it.

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks so cute! You'll have to let us know how it works. I have a notebook that I am still putting together. I am hoping it will finally let me get/stay organized. I like the ideas from yours and need to add a couple of those elements to mine.

Tracy said...

I don't have one, but have given it some thought. Is this your first attempt at organizing all of these things to one place? I think this would be ideal, because right now my husband wouldn't have a clue where to find any of this stuff, and if something happened to me he'd be lost.

Momala said...

Thank you Tracy and Karen for the nice comments! I did have a notebook a few years ago, but then I moved everything to files. That didn't work well for me so I made this notebook. This has really been working well so far. I tend to lose stuff easily so it's nice to have everything in one place!