Monday, June 9, 2008

Momala's Favorites

It's been a while since I posted a recipe. Today I made one of our favorite snacks, $100 Salsa, so I thought I'd share the recipe.

We got this salsa recipe many years ago when we lived in Illinois. We started calling it $100 Salsa after my husband won a salsa contest with it last year.

Enjoy!

$100 Salsa

1 large can of crushed tomato (I use Contadina)
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 bunches green onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Serrano peppers, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 C vinegar
1/4 C water
1/8 C pickled jalapeno juice
1 tsp. cumin
hot sauce to taste( I use Cholula)
salt & pepper to taste

Mix everything together and serve with chips.

Let me know if you try it!


No comments: