Monday, November 26, 2007

One Reason Why I Like Having A Dog

Do you know whats great about having a dog? Its not just the unconditional love, affection, and loyalty, not to mention that they're so darn cute. No, somedays there are added benefits to having a dog.

Take tonight for instance. Tonight my three teenagers are out at their Campus Life meeting and my 8yo son is in bed, hubby is away on a business trip. I was sitting here surfin' the web when the dog needed to go out. Well this month its my daughters job, but since she's not home I had to do it. Taking the dog out is not my favorite thing to do, but tonight was different. You see, tonight when I took the dog out, (rather than try to hurry him up and get annoyed because he has to sniff every last piece of grass on our lawn) I looked up. It's a crystal clear night here in Wisconsin, and I realized that its not very often that I look up and really SEE the sky and the moon and the stars. And they are beautiful. So thank you Lord for the beauty of your creation, and thank you for the dog that led me outside so I could see it.

Thats just one reason why I like having a dog.

No comments: