Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thrifting Bonanza

~UPDATED~

OK ladies, I over did it. I went to Goodwill and my favorite consignment shop today. The good news is that I had a whole whopping $2 earned at the consignment shop. The bad news is that between the two stores I spent $45! I know! I'm really bad! But wait, you haven't seen what I bought...


Can you believe it? Look at the stack of fabric


And look at this doggy newspaper fabric! I have no idea what to do with it, but it cracks me up!

Here's a list of the loot.

  • a TON of fabric
  • a TON of ribbons and lace
  • a pom-pom maker
  • 2 "Floral Lady" embroidering kits
  • 5 glass ornaments
  • 1 box of clear ornaments
  • a brand new shower curtain from Kohls (originally $30)
  • 2 sweaters
  • assorted crafty ornaments and decorations
  • 3 books
  • and a 4 pack of Puffs

Here's one of the embroidery kits, someone already started it! Isn't it too cute?

Update:

When I got home from shopping I realized that I needed to get a new shower curtain rings, pole, and liner. Then I remembered that I had seen really nice chrome rings at Goodwill, but didn't buy them. So, I went back (praying all the time that they would still be there) and they were there! They were $2, brand new, originally $10 at T*rg*t. Then I did have to go to the store to buy the rod and liner, $17. But in all I got an entire new shower curtain and all the accesories for $29! The entire set would have been $57 dollars if I had bought them all new. Almost 1/2 off! And, it looks great in my bathroom!

1 comment:

tickledpink.nicole said...

Wow! I'm elated for you! I don't sew, but one of my good frieds does, and finding fabric for her is an over-the-moon feeling. Happy crafting!