Thursday, January 31, 2008

Momala's Favorites - Cheese Fry Casserole

It's time for another one of Momala's Favorite recipies. My kids dubbed this recipe Cheese Fry Casserole. They love it and I must say I love it too. Beware, this is not a low fat dish. But it is yummy!


Cheese Fry Casserole

2 lb. frozen hashbrowns

2/3 lb. velveeta

8 oz. sharp cheddar - shredded

1 pint half & half

1 C. butter


Heat half & half and 1/2 C butter on stove until butter is melted. Add cheese and stir until that's melted. Grease a 9x13 pan. Spread hashbrowns in the greased pan. Pour cheese mixture over the hashbrowns. Let sit at least an hour in the fridge. When ready to bake, top the cheese mixture with pats of the remaining butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake 350 for 45 - 60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

I usually serve this as a side dish to chicken or beef. Round the meal out with some veggies or a salad. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments: